Park and ride - Shrewsbury
Harlescott Park & Ride has begun operating Monday 1 June with social distancing measures in place on this service.
Meole Brace has begun operating Monday 3 August with social distancing measures in place on this service.
The remaining Park & Ride sites(Oxon) which was temporally suspended after the last journey on Saturday 28 March will remain closed until further notice.
This site is located behind the Bicton Heath Co-operative and Vets 4 Pets. From the Shrewsbury bypass, turn on to the Welshpool Road heading towards Shelton Hospital, turn left at the junction directly after the traffic lights and continue towards the signed park and ride car park. The nearest postcode to the Oxon site is SY3 5AD (Bicton Heath Retail Park, Shrewsbury).
This site is located to the south of the Meole Brace Retail Park. From Dobbie’s roundabout, turn towards Shrewsbury town centre. Continue along the Hereford Road to the next roundabout and take the third exit. Continue to the next roundabout and again take the third exit. At the top of the road is the site entrance The nearest postcode to the Meole Brace site is SY3 9NB.
This site is located next to the Tesco Extra store at Battlefield. Travelling from the Battlefield roundabout, take the exit towards Shrewsbury town centre. Continue along the A5112 until you reach a crossroads. Turn right at the junction and continue towards the roundabout. Take the second exit towards the signed park and ride site. The nearest postcode to the Harlescott site is SY1 4HA (Tesco Extra, Shrewsbury).
Car park information
All sites have some limited CCTV available. We are looking to gain funding to improve the service.
Oxon and Meole Brace car parks are closed and locked after the arrival of the last bus from the town centre at approximately 6:40pm.
Please note that on Sundays and bank/public holidays these car parks are closed.
There is no overnight parking permitted. For any additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The site is locked by our bus operator after the last bus, and any vehicles left in the car park as the last bus leaves the site to return to the depot may find themselves locked in at the site.
Please, as you exit the bus, don't delay leaving the site, and just check with the driver. Users of the car park not using the service aren't permitted to park at this location without permission.
If you're locked in you will need to call us on 0345 678 9006 to ask a contractor to release your vehicle, in which case you'll be liable to pay the cash only £60 call out/lock in charge.
Cycle parking is available at the Meole Brace and Oxon park and ride sites.
About the bus
All buses have special low-floor access at the front, and are ideal for parents with pushchairs and people who are less mobile. Buses also have a ramp to enable access for wheelchair users.
With social distancing capacity reductions, the vehicles have an advisory capacity of ten passengers although the drivers will not leave vulnerable passengers and will carry over the advisory capacity if required to do so.
The service stops in the town centre, railway station, Castle Street, Dogpole, High Street, Shoplatch, Barker Street and Chester Street. Frankwell roundabout is served by the Oxon service only, and a stop on Old Potts Way is served by the Meole Brace service only.
Routes may be disrupted at times due to road closures or events - information will be supplied at bus shelters if relevant.
- English concessionary bus pass holders £1.00 return after 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday
- All day parking when purchasing a ticket - free. Return bus fare - £2.00 (please note: £2.00 single fare for walking passengers)
- Accompanied children under 16 years – free
- Please note children under the age of 16 are not allowed to travel unaccompanied by an adult on any of the Park & Ride bus services
- Lost ticket fee - £2.00
- Students of Shrewsbury Colleges Group and Shrewsbury High School are eligible for a 50% discount Monday to Friday during term time. The return fare is £1.00 for students aged 16 or over on production of a valid student identification card
- Season tickets - pay on the bus to give you unlimited travel between the car park and the town centre - £8.00 per week, £30 per month
- Smart rider tickets - one day's unlimited travel on all park and ride services - £2.10
- Contactless payment is available on all park and ride buses
Please note that all season, multiple trip and group tickets are only valid when parking a vehicle at the designated park and ride sites.
Dogs are allowed on the park and ride buses at the discretion of the drivers.