This page lists the planned highways maintenance due to be carried out by Shropshire Council and our Shropshire Highways partners this month. Please note that dates are subject to change due to bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
For the latest information see our interactive map.
- 18 October to 21 November: 2820
- 19 April 2021 to 21 November 2022: 44,963
- Number of potholes outstanding (as of 21 November 2022): 1953
Planned pothole repairs
Our three Multevo Multihog road planer machines tackle potholes and other defects on roads across Shropshire. The Multihog planes off the road surface to enable a squared-off hole to be filled by a following gang. In December the Multihogs and their crews are set to treat the following roads. The time of work, and any traffic management measures, are also stated.
- 23 Nov to 6 Dec – Queens Head to Rednal Karting (9.30am to 4pm); road closure
- 7 to 14 Dec – Loppington to English Frankton (9.30am to 4pm); road closure
- 15 to 21 Dec – Ash Parva to Ash Magna (9.30am to 4pm); road closure
- 22 to 23 Dec – Melverley Hall (9.30am to 4pm); road closure
- 28 Nov to 2 Dec – B4370 from A490 to Station Inn (7pm to 6pm); road closure
- 5 to 6 Dec – Mill Lane Diddlebury (9.30am to 2.45pm); some carriageway incursion
- 7 to 9 Dec – Grange Road, Bishop’s Castle (9.30am to 4pm); some carriageway incursion / stop-go boards
- 12 to 13 Dec – Bridge Road, Alveley (9.30am to 4pm)
- 14 to 16 Dec – Reactive repairs, locations TBC (9.30am to 4pm)
No work is scheduled to be carried out in the central area of Shropshire in December.