This page lists the planned highways maintenance due to be carried out by Shropshire Council and our Shropshire Highways partners this month. Please note that dates are subject to change due to bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
For the latest information see our interactive map.
- 9 August to 26 September: 3750
- 19 April 2021 to 26 September 2022: 40,421
- Number of potholes outstanding (as of 26 September 2022): 2899
Planned pothole repairs
Our three Multevo Multihog road planer machines tackle potholes and other defects on roads across Shropshire. The Multihog planes off the road surface to enable a squared-off hole to be filled by a following gang.
Crew 1 (North)
- 30 September to 4 October – C5147 Priest Weston
- 5 to 7 October – B5067 Berwick Road
- 10 October – Longden Road, Shrewsbury
- 11 to 13 October – Winnington
- 14 to 17 October – A49 Hadnall
- 18 to 26 October – Mytton Oak Road
- 27 October – Neachley Lane, near Shifnal
- 28 October to 2 November – Belvidere Avenue, Shrewsbury
Crew 2 (Central)
- 3 to 13 October – A458 Stourbridge Road
- 15 October – Churchbridge junction to Dale House, Boraston
- 13 to 21 October – A458 Stourbridge Road
- 21 to 22 October – A458 Stourbridge Road island
- 24 to 25 October – B5477 Church Stretton
- 26 to 28 October – B4364 Loughton to Cleobury North
- 31 October to 5 November – A489 from B4370 to Plowden
Crew 3 (South)
- 29 September to 5 October- Turners Lane, Whitchurch
- 6 October – Trevor Avenue, St Martins
- 7 to 8 October – Baschurch to Walford Heath
- 10 to 11 October – TBC
- 12 to 28 October – Hinstock, Marsh Lane to Ellerton junction
- 31 October – TBC
Our two Roadmasters vehicles tackle potholes on rural roads during spring and summer. In October they'll be operating in south Shropshire zones 11 to 15.
Find and fix
Our six ‘find and fix’ gangs will be operating across the county. They identify, or respond to, defects on the county’s 'U' and 'C' roads, and go out and fix them permanently. The gangs generally tackle potholes that are considered dangerous.
Resurfacing and surface dressing
The following roads are set to be resurfaced in October as part of this year’s resurfacing programme. For more information about resurfacing see our 'Resurfacing and surface dressing' page.
- 26 September to 8 October: Battlefield Road, Shrewsbury (working hours 8pm to 6am)
- 17 to 21 October: A49 Shrewsbury Road, Hadnall – urban section (9.30am to 4pm)
- 21 October to 4 November: A4117 High Street, Cleobury Mortimer (9.30am to 4pm)
We're delighted to report that our 2022/23 surface dressing programme is now complete. For more information about surface dressing, see our 'Resurfacing and surface dressing' page.
Thermal patching is a new treatment that is helping us and our highways partners to carry out more effective, longer-lasting repairs to the county’s roads.
The process includes heating the road surface surrounding the defect to 200 celsius. The surface is then raked, topped up with bitumen binder and pre-heated material, then compacted.
- 3 to 5 October: Castle Street, Ludlow (working hours 8pm to 6am)
- 4 to 6 October: Mount Street, Shrewsbury (7am to 5pm)
- 6 to 11 October: Forest Way, Shrewsbury (7am to 5pm)
- 6 to 13 October: Brand Lane, Ludlow (8pm to 6am)
- 11 to 13 October: Church Street, Church Stretton (7am to 5pm)
- 12 to 18 October: Enfield Street, Clun (9.30am to 4pm)
- 14 to 16 October: Victoria Road, Shifnal (8pm to 6am)