Services for primary and special schools
The School Library Service is dedicated to providing a range of resources and advice to schools, nurseries and playgroups in the Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council areas. Each class in a subscribing primary or special school may borrow the resources described here.
Resources can be selected in person or requested and chosen for you by a member of our team. Most items can be collected from SLS at Shirehall or we can deliver direct to your school. We offer a collection service directly from school at the end of term.
Topic/resource collections can include books, big books, group reading sets, DVDs, CDs, posters and picture packs. Gold Service subscribing schools can have 60 items per class per term. Silver Subscribing schools can have 30 items per class per term.
- Silver subscribing schools may choose to have a mixture of non-fiction and fiction in their allocation
- Gold subscribing schools may borrow 6 Group Reads per class per term. From April 2014 an additional 30 fiction books to support classroom reading may be borrowed
- Gold subscribing schools may also borrow Storysacks and artefact boxes for limited periods. Most items can be requested or reserved. There is a nominal extra charge for the artefact boxes
Gold subscribing schools have access to E-Resources:
- Ebooks - an online eBooks library, download to tablets, laptops, iPads - hundreds of books to choose from to support reading for pleasure
- Over 1000 books, 2000 full length videos, teachers academy lessons and resources offering full catch up courses
- Fiction Express - Award-winning interactive e-books in gripping weekly episodes online, allowing pupils to vote to decide where the plotline goes next. Find out more about Fiction Express on their website.