Meole Brace Golf Course
Reopening of Meole Brace Golf Course
Please bring your own hand sanitiser and wipes if you can. The golf shop is fully open for green fee payments and shop purchases. We're still following government and England Golf guidance concerning the reopening of the golf course.
Booking a round
- Entry to the golf course is by pre-booking only. You will not be permitted entry without a booking. Please call Meole Brace Golf Shop on 01743 364050 to book.
- Tee times available 8am – 7pm (April to October).
- You can now play in two, three and four balls.
Entering the shop/building
- A hand sanitiser station will be in place on entry to the building. Please use it on entry.
- We'll be limiting numbers in the golf shop, and everyone must observe social distancing measures and wear a face mask (unless you are exempt).
- You must stand two metres apart when queuing.
In the shop
- Access to the shop will be via side door.
- A maximum two people in the shop at any one time. You must adhere to social distancing when in the shop and wear a face mask (unless you are exempt)
- Electronic payment is preferred.
On the course
- All rakes and ball retrievers have been removed.
- Ball washers are covered up.
- Benches have been removed.
- All other removable items will be removed, apart from stakes defining areas of the course.
Holes and flags
- Flag sticks must stay in the hole. Please don’t touch them.
Arrival and waiting to play
- No trolleys or clubs will be available for hire.
- You must arrive no more than 20 minutes before your tee time.
- You must stand two metres apart from others not from your household when waiting to play.
- Golfers must stay a minimum of two metres apart when walking to the ball, searching for a ball and playing shots.
After the round
- Social distancing is as important after the round as it is during the round. When your round is over, you must leave the course and the facility immediately so that there are no gatherings in the car park. If there are any gatherings, we will phone the police, who have the powers to disperse them and issue fines where necessary.
Forms of play
- You can play in two, three and four balls, but you must maintain social distancing rules at all times.
Bridges/crossing points on course
- Only one person should walk across the bridge at a time.
- A 12-hole parkland golf course situated within two miles of Shrewsbury town centre.
- A mature course with greens and fairways in excellent condition, varying in length from 124 yards to 400 yards, testing players of all abilities.
- Golf shop.
- Lessons available to everyone.
Winter (November to March)
Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 3pm (last tee-off time)
Saturday to Sunday: 8am to 3pm (last tee-off time).
Summer (April to October)
Monday to Sunday: 8am to 7pm (last tee-off time)
Junior rates apply to those under the age of 18. Concessionary rates are available to people on certain benefits. Please refer to terms and conditions.
Green fees (18 holes)
Green fees (12 holes)
Adult - up to midday £9
Adult - midday to 4pm £8
Adult - 4pm to close £7
Concessionary rate £6
Temporary green fees
Booking a round
Booking of tee times can be made by contacting the professional shop on 01743 364 050. Tee times are set at ten minute intervals.