Shropshire Council

Street furniture

Provision and maintenance

Street furniture can range from public seats, litter bins, planters, cycle security to non-illuminated and illuminated road signs and bollards.

Shropshire Council has been responsible for public street furniture since 1 April 2009 although you may see old logos from the district and borough councils around the county. We will gradually be replacing these logos, however in the meantime street furniture is the responsibility of Shropshire Council.

Street name signs

Any street name signs that are needed for a new housing or business development are the responsibility of the developer.

Most other street name signs are the responsibility of the council. Please let us know if you see a street sign which is damaged or missing by clicking on the "report a damaged street sign" button on this page or alternatively by contacting the Customer Service Centre via the details on this page.