Shropshire Council

Education, health and care plan (EHCP)

If your child’s special educational needs are complex and/or severe and, if they have not need progress through the graduated support approach, you or your child’s educational setting can request that the Local Authority consider an education, health and care assessment in order to determine whether or not it is necessary to issue an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).

The local area has co-produced a set of EHCP quality standards that have been agreed by the Partnership Board.