FREE online learning for parent carers in Shropshire
The Solihull Approach has 9 online courses for parents/carers. There is something for everyone! The courses are locally funded and you can access them for FREE using the access code.
Go to the website and enter the access code DARWIN18 to access these courses for FREE!
1. Understanding pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
2. Understanding your baby
3a. Understanding your child
3b. Understanding your child with additional needs
4. Understanding your teenager's brain
5. Understanding your brain (for teenagers only!)
6. Understanding your child's feelings (a taster course)
7. Understanding your child's mental health and wellbeing (accompanies 3a/3b)
8. Understanding your relationships
This is what other parents/carers said about the courses on offer:
93% of parents who completed the course said ‘Understanding Your Child’ was helpful.
92% of parents who completed the course said ‘Understanding Your Child with additional needs’ was helpful.
97% of parents who completed the course would recommend ‘Understanding Your Teenagers Brain’.
- 'I really like these courses. I think all parents could benefit from them.'
- ‘You don't actually realise what is going on in your child’s brain, this course helped, every parent should do this, i wish i'd done it sooner!’
- ‘It is great to know that I am not alone as a parent and that what I am experiencing is normal. I can now try to understand why my teenage daughter and son behave how they do and rather than react badly, try to understand and react positively. Thank you!’
- ‘It's a very good course, I learnt at lot! I liked the, 'science' and reasoning behind [their] behaviour and thinking. I also liked that the course was in modules and I could leave at any point and come back to it when I had more time. Thank you, a grateful parent’
If you have any further queries then please contact the Parenting Team:
Parenting Team, Peoples Directorate, Shropshire Council
Tel: 01743 250950