Short breaks for disabled children
SEND reinspection - have your say
Our local area SEND reinspection. How parents and carers can share their experiences and get involved.
Short breaks are a range of opportunities, for children aged from 0 to their 18 birthday with disabilities (or additional needs that could be linked to a disability) that live in Shropshire.
They are specifically designed to enable children and young people with disabilities to participate in activities and opportunities. They take place after school, at weekends, during school holidays or overnight. They can provide activities such as after school clubs, weekend activities, sports, youth groups, drama groups, holiday clubs and overnight stays with a short break foster carer or in a residential home.
Some Short Breaks might also involve assistance in the home in the evening, at weekends or during the school holidays.
Short Breaks statement
Our Short Breaks Statement explains the range of short breaks we offer, who they are for, and how to apply for them.
All In Programme
The All In Programme provides a range of opportunities for children and young people with disabilities. All In short breaks are available for those up to the age of 18 who cannot take part in the same activities as others their age without additional support.
The participation fund is a small fund, which is part of our All In offer. The fund can help make universal activities easier for children and young people with disabilities to use. This might be through:
- Buying specialist equipment for groups or clubs
- Paying for existing workers to do additional hours
- Training for staff and volunteers so they have better skills to support children and young people with disabilities
- Paying for a child with disabilities to take part in the activity
Short Breaks contacts
- General short breaks enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0345 678 9021
- If you are an existing registered member of 'All In': 01743 250225
- Family Information Service: 01743 254400
- Information Advice and Support Service: 01743 280019
- Shropshire Parent and Carer Council: email@example.com or 0845 601 2205