SEND Accelerated Progress Plan (APP)
This Accelerated Progress Plan (APP) has been developed by the SEND Partnership and approved by the Department for Education, following the judgement by Ofsted/CQC that sufficient progress had not been made against the weaknesses outlined by the recent re-inspection. These pages summarise the three areas of work in the APP and will be updated as progress is made on each.
- Neurodiversity (ND) Workstream
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) Workstream
- Education Health Care Plan Quality
Other workstreams Supporting the Accelerated Progress Plan
In addition to the Accelerated Progress Plan there are 5 further workstreams supporting the improvement of the SEND experience in Shropshire:
- SEND and Alternative Provision
- Preparation for Adulthood
- Local Offer and Communications
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing Groups
- Joint Commissioning
Shropshire Council and NHS Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin are committed to working in partnership with the SEND Community and PACC to ensure that co-production happens at all levels, so that decision making is informed and shaped by experience and knowledge of SEND families.