Nursery under 5s
There isn't a statutory duty to provide transport for nursery aged children, although we currently offer a contribution scheme for nursery age children with an education, health and care plan (EHCP) attending the associated assessment nursery designated to them.
The agreed level of contribution for the 2022/23 academic year is £918. Payment can be split into 3 termly payments, payable prior to the start of each term, no refunds are issued for reduced or cancelled travel.
For families on defined benefits (please see below), a contribution towards the cost of the transport assistance will be £294 for the academic year. This can also be split into 3 termly payments and no refunds are issued for reduced or cancelled travel.
- Income-based jobseekers allowance
- Income support
- Free school meals – as authorised by the Authority, not the school that your child is attending.
- Child tax credit with annual income, as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs, of less than £16,190 on 1 September 2022 or subsequently on the date of application.
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit – Provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods.
- The guaranteed element of pension credit
Please take a look at our ‘How to apply’ page or email email@example.com should you have any queries or require further assistance.