Shropshire Council aims to ensure that a high quality housing service is provided to the people of Shropshire.
We work with housing associations and the private and voluntary sectors to achieve the aim of ensuring that there are healthy and sustainable homes for all in our communities.
Our responsibilities include:
- Offering advice and guidance for the homeless and those in fear of losing their homes.
- Working with private sector landlords and owners to bring empty properties back into use, and to raise the standard of others.
- Working with private landlords and housing associations to increase the amount, and improve the management and standards of, affordable housing.
- Providing landlord services to council tenants in Bridgnorth and Oswestry
- Under certain circumstances, we can help find homes, and for those unable to afford one, we can help with housing benefit.
- We can help find supported housing for those in need, and help certain people continue to live independently and remain in their homes by providing the adaptations, improvements and repairs their properties need.
- We have a range of sheltered homes available for older people who would like support in order to continue living on their own.
- We also provide home energy efficiency advice to help reduce fuel bills and make homes more comfortable.
- We provide a wide range of assistance for people with disabilities to adapt their home, from small pieces of equipment to purpose-built extensions
Shropshire Council Housing comprises of several distinct but interrelated services:
- Commissioning and Partnership (including Supporting People)
- Housing Options
- Landlord Services
- Private Sector Housing