The Shifnal neighbourhood plan was submitted to us in December 2015. A formal consultation followed, ending in February 2016. The plan was examined by an independent examiner during March. The examiner published his report in April 2016 and recommended that the plan, once modified to take account of the some recommended changes, should proceed to a referendum on the basis that ‘making’ (or ‘adopting’) the plan will meet the basic conditions.
The date for the referendum has been set as 15 September 2016. More details regarding arrangements for the referendum can be found on the elections pages.
The relevant documents referred to are:
- The Shifnal Neighbourhood Development Plan
- The report of the independent examiner into the Neighbourhood Plan
- A summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner
- A statement by the local planning authority that the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions specified by statute and complies with the provision made by or under Section 38A and 38B of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 ;
- A statement that sets out general information about town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum.
All of the above documents are attached to this page.