Deprivation of liberty safeguards
Please note that we're no longer be accepting DoLS requests by fax, and now using a new online system which is easier, safer and much more straightforward for managing authorities (care homes/hospitals) to use.
The following forms, used by care homes and hospitals, can be completed online...
These forms will time out, so it's worth completing a draft in Word (or something similar) and copying and pasting the answers over if you think it will take a while to complete, or if you may get interrupted
- Form 1- Request for standard authorisation and urgent where necessary
- Form 2 - Further request for authorisation
- Form 4 - Mental health assessors
- Form 10 - Request for review
- Form 12 - Death whilst deprived of liberty. Please note there is no longer any need to refer a death to the coroner where the person had a DoLS authorisation in place. If you have requested an authorisation and not yet had an assessment and the person dies please contact the DoLS team
- Request for extension of urgent authorisation