Funding opportunities for renewable energy and energy efficiency
Please note that the content of this page can be downloaded as a pdf (attached).
Low-carbon funding opportunities for businesses
- Business Growth Programme 2: Grant support for individuals and businesses looking to start, grow and expand in the Marches LEP area.
- BEEP (Business Energy Efficiency Programme): Lowering your energy bills can make a big difference to your business bottom line, so if you are looking to cut costs, we can help.
- CREST: Based at University Centre Shrewsbury provides research and innovation support to small and medium enterprises across Shropshire it can also help them access grants to assist prototyping, etc.
- Low Carbon Opportunities Programme (LoCoP): Support is available If your business has the potential for high-tech green growth, and you wish to develop innovative low carbon solutions.
- MarRE: Marches Renewable Energy (MarRE) project is accepting formal expressions of interest and provides grants to support renewable energy installations (not including commercial activities like solar farms) of between 4 -200 kWp. MarRE is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. The project will run for two and half years from 1 July 2019 to 31 December 2021.
- Marches Growth Hub: Your Gateway to Business Support: The Growth Hub is the portal for businesses to use to access help and support, including information on grants.
- Save Money Cut Carbon: A purchasing service for businesses and homes: We help everyone through the products and expertise we provide; because when you save money and cut carbon, everyone benefits.
Low-carbon support for the public sector
- Carbon Trust: Industry-leading businesses and public sector support across carbon and cost saving.
- Local Partnerships Re:fit: The Re:fit programme is a procurement initiative for public bodies wishing to implement energy efficiency measures and local energy generation projects on their assets.
- SEPuBu: Sustainable Energy in Public Buildings: A match-funded scheme for local authorities to assist innovative retrofitting of public buildings to improve their energy efficiency and save carbon and costs.
- SALIX: Zero-interest finance for low carbon projects.
Low-carbon support for homes
- Keep Shropshire Warm: Referrals for all schemes through 0800 112 3743 or email Advice@mea.org.uk
- Emergency Central Heating Offer (ECHO): Provides fully funded gas boiler replacements. Residents must be in a ‘no-heat’ situation due to a broken gas boiler. Owner occupiers only. Target ten-day turnaround.
- Green Homes Grants (Note this is now closed to new applicants, however a new scheme Local Area Delivery LAD is due to replace this shortly). To support householders to install air source heat pumps, external wall insulation, internal wall insulation, high heat retention storage heaters, first time double glazing and replacement high performance doors. Available to owners, private tenants and their landlords.
- Marches Energy Agency: A charity that provides support and advice on fuel poverty, domestic energy use and accessing grants or benefits, assistance and advice for businesses and homeowners.
- Warmer Homes Shropshire: Grants to install first-time central heating, gas where possible or air source heat pumps. For households without central heating (eg electric storage heaters, open fires, Rayburns etc). Available to owner occupiers and private tenants and their landlords.
- Energy Saving Trust: Working to address the climate emergency. Find out more about energy for your home.
- OLEV Grants: Home charging points for electric vehicles
Large-scale renewable energy
- Rural Community Energy Fund: A revised £10m programme to support rural communities in England to develop renewable energy projects.
- Community Energy – Sharenergy: Where people within a local community come together to develop an energy project, with capital raised by selling shares. Sharenergy is a local organisation that provides support to groups to help develop and build their community energy scheme.
- Shropshire and Telford Community Energy: A 'community benefit' society to develop and own community energy projects in Shropshire and Telford.