Shropshire Council

Types of housing available

Private rented

Private rented homes can offer lots of different types and sizes of homes in Shropshire. It can be quicker to get a home that is rented privately as there are no waiting lists.

You can find a private rented home by looking on the internet and searching for 'private landlords' or 'letting agents in Shropshire'. You could also visit a local letting agent for more information and homes to rent.

There are also other web sites that may help you to find a home to rent:

The Wrekin Housing Group specialist housing service

You can contact the Wrekin Housing Group Specialist Housing Service for advice and support.

Shrewsbury Homes For All

Shrewsbury Homes for All (SHFA) is another local organisation that may be able to help.

Council and housing association accommodation

Shropshire Homepoint

Our housing stock is managed by Shropshire Towns and Rural Housing (StaR Housing), an arms-length management organisation. They advertise their available properties on Shropshire HomePoint. There are also homes to rent from housing associations (registered providers).

Most housing associations advertise through our choice-based letting scheme. If you join the council housing waiting list you'll be able to bid for available housing association properties advertised through the scheme.

You can register with Shropshire HomePoint online, or contact them on 0300 303 8595.

Shared ownership and other low-cost ownership

If you're working but can't afford to buy a home or don't have a deposit saved, there are other options available to help you to own your own home. You can find out more information on the Shropshire Homepoint website.

Supported accommodation

The aim of supported accommodation is to provide you with short- to medium-term accommodation that provides access to support and advice when you need it. The purpose is to help you become more independent and develop the skills needed to live and manage in your own home. If you'd like more information about this please contact us.

You can access our self-serve advice tool for more advice.