Step 4: mental health
The stress of worrying about money can take its toll on our health and wellbeing. Talk to someone if you're worried about your mental health...
- Find out about mental health and wellbeing support in Shropshire
- Visit TogetherAll, a free online community for Shropshire residents
- Arrange to visit a Calmer café for a safe place to talk
- Call the Samaritans to talk confidentially (116 123 free)
- Call the Shropshire Mental Health Support Infoline (01743368647)
- Call the Access Service (0808 196 4501 free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org (for anyone using adult mental health services, or caring for someone who is, or for people concerned about the mental health of an adult family member or friend)
- Pick up the phone, you're not alone. Find out where to get support with suicide and suicidal thoughts in Shropshire.
Step 1: can you maximise your income?
Are you currently receiving all of the income you're entitled to?
Step 2: can you cut your costs?
Many people have already cut back in key areas. Here are some ways to help you do the same...
Step 3: borrow money safely and get support with debt
Who to use and who to avoid if you have to borrow money