Transfer of Apprenticeship Levy funds
Apply For Apprenticeship Levy transfer
The Apprenticeship Levy is already giving employers like us a real opportunity to invest in high-quality training, helping to grow our business and develop the skilled workforce we need to thrive and succeed. Government reforms have now given us the opportunity to work in partnership with other employers, supporting them in recruiting new apprentices and to develop the skills of existing employees.
As a levy-paying employer with an ambitious apprentice strategy, we can now transfer up to 25% of our annual Apprenticeship Levy funds to other employers, helping to increase the number of high-quality apprenticeships across the county.
Who can apply to receive transferred funds?
We're able to transfer levy funds to other employers for apprenticeships for either new recruits or existing employees wanting to develop their skills by undertaking an apprenticeship. We're not able to transfer funds for apprenticeships which have already started.
To express an interest and submit your application for consideration in the transfer of Apprenticeship Levy funding you must be:
- A small to medium enterprise/business
- Another organisation in Shropshire, ie public sector, health care organisation
- A voluntary, community or social enterprise sector organisation providing services to Shropshire residents
- A Shropshire school that doesn't pay into our Apprenticeship Levy
- Employers that have opportunities for 16-18 year olds but are unable to access funding via training providers.
We're expecting a high level of demand for support and our transfer funds are limited. Therefore, in developing a process for determining who to support, priority will be given to applications that meet our priorities and target sectors detailed in the Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Policy.
How do I apply for the funds?
The transfer application process is open from 28 September 2020. Detailed guidance can be found on transferring unused apprenticeship funds to other employers on the Gov.uk website. Please read this guidance before you apply for the funding.
To apply, please download the application form, complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 October 2020...
- Shropshire Council Apprenticeship Levy transfer application form
- Appendix 1- application process and timeline
If you have any more questions or would like further information, please email us at email@example.com or telephone 01743 258521.