Shropshire Council

Leaving care

If you've been in the care of the local authority there are a range of services available to help you. This can include help to get accommodation and support. For more information about what assistance is available to you, and details of who to contact for further advice when leaving care take a look at our looked-after children local offer.

If you're living in local authority care, or you were in the past, you may be entitled to additional priority when looking for a home.

If you've been in care and are about to become homeless or are homeless and you need more help, you can contact us.

You can access our self-serve advice tool for more advice.