Shropshire Council

Report a change in circumstances

In order to correctly calculate your business rates liability and send businesses the right bill, it's essential that you contact us if there's a change in your circumstances.

If the change in circumstances is a change in property that you actually trade from, whether:

  • Vacating your current property
  • Occupying a new property
  • Relocating should inform us by downloading and completing the ‘New Occupier Form’ attached to this page, and return it to the addresses quoted at the foot of this page.

If the change in circumstances is for any one of the following reasons:

  • Change of contact/correspondence address
  • Notify the death of a business rate payer
  • Request a copy of your business rates bill
  • Change your method of payment
  • Stop a business rate relief entitlement
  • Change of occupation status – occupied or empty
  • Request a refund of overpaid business rates - we refund credits via BACS transfer, therefore you'll need to provide your bank account details should contact us using one of the contact methods below.