Corporate Covenant signees in Shropshire
Armed Forces Business Community
How your business or organisation could support the Armed Forces community
Businesses and charitable organisations (of all sizes) who would like to demonstrate their support can also sign the Armed Forces Covenant to show you are actively supporting our Armed Forces community. This includes veterans, reserves, serving personnel and their families. Signing the Covenant is really straightforward and comes with a number of benefits to businesses and organisations. Pledges can be adapted depending on the size and nature of the organisation. For example, you could adapt the Covenant to:
- Promote the fact you are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation.
- Support the employment of veterans and service leavers.
- Offer flexibility in leave for service spouses and partner before, during and after deployment.
- Support reservist employees, allowing leave for training and deployment.
- Offer discount to members of the Armed Forces community.
There is also an opportunity for businesses and charitable organisations to add their own commitments based on local circumstances.
The Covenant is usually signed by someone in authority who will make sure that pledges are implemented; this could be the CEO or HR director. It can also be co-signed by a member of the Armed Forces at one of our events which often attracts media attention. To start pledging your support visit the Armed Forces Covenant website or please contact Sean McCarthy, Armed Forces Covenant Co-ordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01743 255933.
The following businesses and organisations, within Shropshire have all signed up to the Covenant. The offers that they have made to support current military personnel and families as well as veterans include discounts on purchases, free advice and consultation, financial planning, family support, housing matters, employment advice amongst other things.
- Adcote School
- AJ Case Management
- Alan Ward Furniture
- Army Benevolent Fund
- Army Families Federation
- Associated Telecom Solutions
- Athena Wills Ltd
- Award Productions
- Combat Stress
- Cotswold Outdoor
- Crane Quality Counselling
- Curbside Gaming Ltd
- Hawk Group
- Hawkstone Park Ltd
- Headway Shropshire
- Healthcare Support Services
- HealthSec Solutions Ltd
- Marks & Spencer
- Mears Group
- Mercure Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa
- Mimi & Booboo
- Morris and Co
- Red Recruitment
- RJS Family Law
- Redmayne Bentley (Shrewsbury)
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Royal British Legion
- Saffron Cottage Indian Restaurant
- Salute Recruitment Ltd
- Samaritans of Shrewsbury
- Scottish Power
- Severn Trent Water
- Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- Shrewsbury Baptist Church - central
- Shrewsbury Baptist Church - Crowmoor
- Shrewsbury College
- Shrewsbury Town Council
- Shropshire Association of Local Councils
- Shropshire Association of Supported Housing (SASH)
- Shropshire Chamber of Commerce
- Shropshire Housing
- Shropshire Regimental Museum
- Shropshire Stags Rugby Club
- SP Services UK Ltd
- St Chads Church
- STAR Housing
- STFC Community Trust
- Telford College of Arts & Technology
- Templar Medical
- The Extreme Sports Medical Company Ltd
- The Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital