Ukraine National Independence Day - south Shropshire celebration
Just to give you a little more information on the get together on 24 August to celebrate Ukraine National Independence Day.
We look forward to seeing as many guests, hosts, and volunteers on the day as possible from the Shropshire and north Herefordshire area. Just a few reminders for you to explain how it will work on the night:
- To ensure as many Ukrainian guests as possible can attend, we'd like to offer as a contribution towards the cost of the food £5 per family member. We're very grateful for a donation from the Ludlow Choral Society that has made this possible. We'll be able to reimburse you on the night
- Please prepare your food at home and bring with you, plus any drinks, as there isn't a bar
- There's a kitchen where you'll be able heat up your food when you get there
- There are plenty of plates, glasses, and cutlery to use
- We'll provide music, both Ukrainian and British, and if you know anyone who may wish to play some live music, please let me know - there will be a guitar on hand!
- If anybody would like to help with setting up or clearing away that would be great - we aim to start the preparation at 5pm
- 6pm please arrive with food. We'll have some volunteers to help with the heating of food in the kitchen
- 7pm we all sit down together for food. However, if due to work or other commitments you need to come a little later that will be fine
- Finish around 9pm/9:30pm, clear away at 10pm
- Venue: Bitterley Village Hall, Clee Stanton Road, Bitterley, near Ludlow SY8 3HQ. Car parking is available
Please let me know if you're planning to come - just need to know how many people in your group as it will help with the preparations. We're looking forward to seeing lots of families, and hope that children will also enjoy the celebration.
If you'd like to attend but may struggle for transport, please contact Peter Higgins on 07757 989708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please give at least four days notice if a lift is required.
Any queries or questions please do get in touch - we'd like to see as many guests, hosts and volunteers as possible for a relaxed, fun evening.
With kind regards,