Step 4 – Lifting COVID-19 restrictions from 19 July 2021
Below is a summary of the main provisions most likely to be relevant to your business when step 4 of the Government’s roadmap out of lockdown comes into effect in England on Monday 19 July 2021.
Although most restrictions will be lifted, there are still some key protections you should adhere to. These include:
- Undertake a PCR Test when you or your staff have COVID symptoms
- Twice a week Lateral Flow Tests are recommended for staff
- Isolating when positive or when contacted by NHS Test and Trace
- Wearing face coverings in crowded places
- Keeping indoor areas well ventilated
- Minimising the number, proximity and duration of social contacts
It is important that, as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, we all use our personal judgement to manage risks; this includes at home and in relation to our businesses. No situation is risk free but there are steps you can take to manage risks in your business setting and help to reduce the spread of the virus. Every action taken to reduce the spread will reduce any further resurgence of the virus in coming months.
The major changes effecting businesses and venues are that:
- All remaining closed businesses and venues such as nightclubs and adult entertainment venues will be able to reopen
- Capacity limits at life events (such as weddings), sporting, entertainment and business events will be lifted
- People will not need to stay 2m apart, and there will be no limits to the number of people who can meet together
- The requirement to wear face coverings in law will be lifted. It is still recommended that people wear face coverings in crowded places
- Business will not be required to display QR codes or collect customer contact details, however it is recommended that this continues to support NHS Test and Trace
Employers have a legal duty to manage risks to those affected by their businesses, including the risk of COVID-19, the way to do this is through a risk assessment. Guidance on carrying out a risk assessment can be found from the Council and the Health and Safety Executive.
You are advised to read and familiarise yourself with the latest general Government guidance, and guidance specific to working safely during coronavirus in pubs, restaurants, bars and takeaway services.
If you are unsure about any of the changes to be introduced under step 4, please contact email@example.com / 0345 678 9067 selecting option 3.
Should you have positive COVID cases in your business, please contact Shropshire Council Public Health on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01743 251234 for further assistance. More details can be found here.