Worried about energy?
Worried about paying your energy bills and arrears? The first thing to do is let your energy supplier know that you're worried about being able to make payments. They need to know that you're struggling with your bills so that they can direct you to the right support.
The Priority Services Register is a free support service that makes sure extra help is available to people in vulnerable situations
Here are some other places to go for help and support...
- Affordable warmth & energy efficiency
- Prepayment meter support
- Winter Fuel Payment - If you were born before 25 September 1957 you could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills
- Warm Home Discount Scheme - You could get £150 off your electricity bill for winter 2023 to 2024
- Cold Weather Payment - If you’re getting certain benefits or support for mortgage interest You could get a payment of £25 if the average temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, 0°C or below over 7 consecutive days
- Smart choices at home
- Keep Shropshire Warm: Your Guide to the Energy Crisis
- Marches Energy Agency: charity energy specialist
- Grants and benefits to help with fuel
- The council’s Welfare Support team
- Emergency Central Heating Offer (ECHO)
- Shropshire Oil Buying Club
- Charis grants - energy scheme access
- Home efficiency FAQs
- Energy price cap calculator
- Warm Welcome locations