Shropshire Council

Competent Person Scheme

Some work can be carried out without telling a building control body, providing you use a Competent Person Scheme (CPS)-registered installer. 

An installer registered with a Competent Person Scheme is qualified to carry out specific types of work in accordance with building regulations and should both notify the local authority of the work and issue you a certificate of compliance with the building regs either directly or through their scheme operator.

Find out more from the CPS website.