Shifnal town centre improvements
Investing in your town - public realm and traffic improvements
The geographical area of Shifnal has been subject to extensive housing development over in recent years.
Planned improvements to the town centre and public realm will enhance the existing infrastructure by improving, and in some areas reducing, traffic flow and creating a more pedestrian-friendly area that can be used for community events and to support local businesses. The work scheduled comprises:
- Realigning and improving capacity at key town centre road junctions
- Road resurfacing and 20mph limit in the town centre
- Improving levels and widths of footway surfaces
- Hard and soft landscaping
- Tree planting
- Improved town centre materials and colour palette
- Improved street furniture, cycling provision and walking routes
Who has approved this work? How has it been funded? Project updates and how to contact us.
When will the work be taking place, and what will happen in each of the nine phases of the work?
What can you expect during the work?
How will the work impact on Shifnal town centre?