Free things to do in Shropshire
The following are some ideas for free activities you can enjoy around our beautiful county...
- Making use of libraries where for free you can borrow books, use library computers (or wi-fi) and enjoy all sorts of events. Plus there are free e-books and e-magazines available online. For more detail, see the section on this page.
- Getting into Shropshire’s Great Outdoors for walking, cycling and other outdoor experiences. For more detail, see the section on this page.
- Enjoying the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Visiting Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery. It’s is free and accessible to many by public transport. The current temporary exhibition features The Wonderful World of the Ladybird Book Artists. For more detail, see the section on this page.
- Exploring local history or the history of your family or home at Shropshire Archives.
- Some local museums and sites are available free of charge. Please check locally.