Shropshire Council

New guide to extending your home

09 August 2017 Last updated at 09:44

Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin LABC Guide to Extending Your Home

Your expert guide to everything extending

If you're a homeowner and planning an extension or conversion, you may need a building regulations inspection as well as planning permission. Whereas planning permission is about how a building looks, building regulations make sure your home is structurally safe.

Getting building work approved by your local council’s building control team helps ensure that the work is safe and up to building regulations standards as well as protecting you against rogue builders. So seek their advice before starting any building project.

The Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Local Authority Building Control (LABC) guidebook takes you through the process of improving your home by making the most of the space you've already got.

It's not a substitute for professional advice but it aims to show how your project will be affected by the Building Regulations.


If you would like to take advantage of our free, no obligation consultation, or would like a competitive quote just call us on 01743 258710 or email today