Shropshire Council

Complaints about councillor conduct

Unhappy with the behaviour of your local councillor? It may be possible to solve your problem locally. Contact your local councillor directly if you think it may help.

Making a formal complaint

If you want to take a complaint further about the conduct of a member of Shropshire Council or a parish or town councillor within the Shropshire Council area, you can complete the online form.

Go to the form »

Alternatively, you can print and complete the pdf version.

If you're sending your completed form by post it should be addressed to:

The Monitoring Officer
Legal and Democratic Services
Shropshire Council
Abbey Foregate

Find out more about the arrangements we make for dealing with complaints about members.

Please note that the monitoring officer will only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a councillor under the code of conduct. They won't deal with complaints about parish or town councils and their procedures or complaints about the declaration and registration of disclosable pecuniary interests, which should be referred to the police.

If you make a complaint to the monitoring officer it must relate to why you think a councillor hasn't followed the code of conduct.