Shropshire Council

Gambling premises licence

Pay for this application online

If you are unable to pay for your application online, please contact the Licensing team using the contact details at the bottom of this page.

Pay for your application »

It is a statutory requirement that applicants use the correct forms to give proper notice of applications, variations, transfers, provisional statement and published notices to all relevant responsible authorities, including the Gambling Commission.

If you cannot find the form you are looking for on our website, please visit

Please be aware that certain forms for notification of applications offer different versions depending on the applicant e.g a single applicant would use form A and multiple applicants would use form B

If you are not sure which form you need to use to give notice of your application, please contact the Licensing Team.

What is it for?

To apply for a premises licence for a casino, bingo hall, adult entertainment centre, family entertainment centre or betting shop, you must first apply for an operator’s licence from the Gambling Commission. Premises licences may only be issued to those who hold a relevant operating licence, or who have applied for one. Premises licences may be transferred to someone else holding a valid operating licence. If you wish to reinstate, transfer or vary a licence, please refer to the relevant form attached to this page.

Who needs one?

Anyone wishing to run a casino, bingo hall, adult entertainment centre, family entertainment centre or betting shop.

How much will it cost?

There is a fee for issuing this document, which is taken when you apply.

What will I need before I apply?

  • Completed application form
  • Fee
  • Operating licence number
  • Plan of the premises
  • See application form for additional requirements

Apply now

Download the form, complete it on your home computer, and email it to

Download an application form

Download the form, print it out, fill it in and post your application along with the fee if applicable to:

The Licensing Team, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND

Download an application form