Brownfield Land Register
The Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017 ('the Regulations') place a responsibility on the Council to prepare and maintain a register of brownfield sites.
The Regulations state that a Council's Register must be published by 31 December 2017 and that it may consist of two parts:
- Part 1 - all brownfield sites which are 'suitable', 'available', and 'achievable' for residential development which could be delivered within 15 years; and
- Part 2 - any brownfield sites which are given 'permission in principle'. Inclusion on Part 2 would grant permission in principle for residential development (the scale to be determined by the Council) and the landowner/developer would have to apply for 'technical details consent' before any development could commence.
The Brownfield Land Register is updated at least annually.
The persistent URL for the CSV version of the Shropshire Brownfield Register is: https://shropshire.gov.uk/media/18083/brownfield-land-register-part-1.csv
The persistent URL for the PDF version of the Shropshire Brownfield Register is: https://shropshire.gov.uk/media/18082/brownfield-land-register-part-1.pdf
Part 1 of the Register
Brownfield sites included in Part 1 of the Register have been identified through a variety of sources, including:
- Selected SAMDev Plan Allocations without Planning Permission as at the 31 March 2022
- Selected Sites with Planning Permission as at the 31 March 2022
- Selected Sites with Prior Approval as at the 31 March 2022
- Selected Lapsed Planning Permissions
- Selected Strategic Sites identified during the ongoing Local Plan Review
- Selected Sites from within the Strategic Land Availability Assessment (SLAA)
If you consider that there are any further brownfield sites which are suitable for inclusion within Part 1 of the Register, please submit the site using the Strategic Land Availability Assessment Proforma.
Any brownfield sites submitted will be considered when the Register is next updated.
Part 1 of the Register is available to download from the related documents section on this page, along with a link to a map indicating the location and extent of each site is provided under the Related information section on this page.
Please note: Inclusion of a site within Part 1 of the Brownfield Land Register is without prejudice to the Local Plan process or the determination of any planning application on the site.
Part 2 of the Register
There is no requirement to place any sites on Part 2 of the Register.
At this point in time Shropshire Council has not produced Part 2 of the Register, as there are no brownfield sites which we currently want to offer ‘Permission in Principle’ status, although we will keep this under review.
There is a formal process which must be complied with in order to provide a site ‘Permission in Principle’ and this has not been undertaken for any sites in Shropshire.