Report a pothole
Noticed a pothole?Tell us about it... »
We can only treat a pothole if we know about it.
We carry out regular inspections of the roads but potholes and other defects may occur between these inspections. This is why we rely on people reporting them to us.
We inspect all reported potholes and risk assess them to prioritise their repair. They’ll either be classed as urgent or will be put into a planned programme of works to ensure that they're repaired as efficiently as possible.
If you report a pothole it’s important to provide accurate details of the problem, including:
- What the problem is
- Where it's located
- When you noticed the problem
- Your name and contact details
If a pothole has been outlined with paint it has already been inspected by our team and programmed to be fixed, so you don’t need to report it.
Please note that we aren't responsible for potholes on the following roads:
- Private roads -- these are the responsibility of residents of each private road
- M54, A5, A49 (south of Shrewsbury); A458 (Shrewsbury to Welshpool); A483 (Llanymynech to Oswestry) -- these are the responsibility of Highways England
- Roads on private land, eg retail parks