Shropshire Council

Banners, bunting or Christmas lights on the highway

If you'd like to erect a banner, bunting or Christmas lights on or over the public highway, you need to apply for a licence.

Please read our guidance before applying.

Help completing the form

If you need any help in completing the application form, or have any further queries, our Customer Services team are happy to help. They can be contacted on 0345 678 9006.

Before submitting your application, please check with our Planning Department on whether or not planning permission is required.