Shropshire Council

Universal Credit

Working age?

Then you need to know about Universal Credit.

Anyone making a new claim for:

  • Income Support, the income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, or Employment and Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Tax credits

Might need to claim Universal Credit (UC).

  • UC will be paid monthly
  • UC will pay your rent to you: you must pay your landlord
  • UC will need you to set up and use an online account: you still need to claim any contribution-based benefits.

So, are you ready for UC?

Take this simple online test to see how ready you are: Universal Credit online test.

To find out lots more about UC, visit the Money Helper website. 

Or call the UC helpline on 0800 328 5644 or 0800 328 9344