Low Carbon Opportunities Programme (LoCOP)
The Low Carbon Opportunities Programme helps to develop innovative low carbon technologies or services to small and medium-sized enterprises in Shropshire. The programme is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund.
SMEs can apply for grants up to 40% of the costs of eligible capital or revenue projects. Grants of up to £50k will be considered, with a minimum grant of £2,000.
- Be situated in and trading from Shropshire
- Employ fewer than 250 employees
- Have a turnover of less than the equivalent of 50m euros per annum, or a balance sheet of less than 43m euros
- Be within the low-carbon innovation sector
Some industries, such as primary agriculture and certain retail, aren't eligible. Other activities excluded are social welfare and education facilities, banking and insurance.
Potential low-carbon innovation project examples could include:
- Low-carbon product, process or service development
- Commercialisation or implementation costs
- Market research and assessment
- IPR protection
- Prototyping, demonstration or testing of new products
- Manufacturing scale up or market rollout
Other programme benefits
- Potential collaboration with CREST UCS (environmental research and business support programme)
- Opportunities to take part in programme-organised events and forums
- Engagement with other similar types of organisations, and further collaboration with both business and academic institutions
For more information about the programme, please contact the Low Carbon Opportunities Programme Team on 01905 845902 or 01905 845398, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Do you think your business may fit the above eligibility criteria?Apply now »
Please see the various case studies in the slides attached to this page.
|Local authority||Assists||Grant funding||Greenhouse gas (CO2e) reduction (tonnes)|
|Telford & Wrekin||60||£244,800||592|
We've had a good number of businesses registering, but we need more. Our focus is to encourage uptake for SMEs across Shropshire for this exciting opportunity. We'll update this page with project progress in due course.