Shropshire Council

Disapply designated premises supervisor

Pay for this application online

If you are unable to pay for your application online, please contact the Licensing team using the contact details at the bottom of this page.

Pay for your application »

All businesses and organisations selling or supplying alcohol, except members clubs and certain community premises, must have a designated premises supervisor. Whoever holds this role must be named in the operating schedule, which you'll need to complete as part of the application process when you apply for a premises licence.

Am I eligible to apply for a disapply designated premises supervisor?

Yes, if you run a community, church or village hall management committee looking to take responsibility for the supply of alcohol at events at your venue.

What is it for?

To permit the removal of a designated premises supervisor from a nominated venue, to be replaced by a committee.

Who needs one?

Community, church and village hall management committees looking to take responsibility for the supply of alcohol at events at your venue - removing the need for an individual volunteer to become a personal licence holder and designated premises supervisor. The whole management committee of the premises will become collectively responsible for ensuring compliance with licence conditions and the law.

How much will it cost?

This is no cost for this licence.

This application is subject to a fee unless it is sent in with a new or vary premises licence/club certificate application form (attached to this page).

What will I need before I apply?

  • See application form for any additional requirements
  • Fee (in some circumstances)

Apply now

Download the form, complete it on your home computer, and email it to

Download an application form

Download the form, print it out, fill it in and post your application along with the fee if applicable to:

The Licensing Team, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND

Download an application form