Shropshire Council

Vary an existing premises licence or club certificate (minor)

Pay for this application online

If you are unable to pay for your application online, please contact the Licensing team using the contact details at the bottom of this page.

Pay for your application »

If you wish to change any aspect of your licence or club certificate once it has been granted, you'll need to apply to us for either a full or a minor variation.

If you want to make a small, low-risk change to your premises licence, you should use this form. It's cheaper and quicker than the full variation application. 

Small changes could include:

  • Removing a licensable activity
  • Reducing the hours you sell alcohol 
  • Making small changes to the layout of your premises 

If you apply for a minor variation and your application is rejected, you won't be able to appeal. However, you can reapply using the full variation process. If you're not sure, contact us for advice on which process is more suitable for the change you want to make.

Full variations

The full variation process is very similar to the application process for a new premises licence and the fee is the same. You should use this process if you want to make a substantial change to your licence, for example, increasing the hours when you sell alcohol. The full variation form can be found here.

Am I eligible to apply for a vary an existing premises licence or club certificate (minor)?

Yes, if you hold an existing premises licence.

What is it for?

To allow you to make minor changes to the operating schedule of your licensed premises.

Who needs one?

Anyone wishing to make a small change to the schedule of licensed operation determined by an existing licence.

How long will it take?

You must allow at least 45 days for an application to be processed.

How much will it cost?

There is a fee for issuing this document, which is taken when you apply.

What will I need before I apply?

  • Fee
  • The existing licence (including a copy of the plan)
  • Public site notice (Please note that the site notice must make it clear that details of the application may be viewed on this website. Representations must be made in writing to: Licensing, Shropshire Council, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND or by email to, and can't be made through this website).
  • Copy of advert placed in local paper (same applies as public site notice above).
  • Plan of the premises

Apply now

Download the form, complete it on your home computer, and email it to

Download an application form

Download the form, print it out, fill it in and post your application along with the fee if applicable to:

The Licensing Team, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND

Download an application form