Licensing coronavirus update: 7 Jan - National lockdown
|This is a news page and any information or instruction included within it was correct at the time of publishing. Please note that with the passing of time this may no longer be the case. Shropshire Council bears no responsibility for actions taken erroneously as a result of following out-of-date information held within old news pages. Please contact us if you are unsure.|
A summary of the main restrictions that are likely to be most relevant to your business during the national lockdown are set out below. You are also advised to read the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020, which can be found on the Gov.uk website.
- You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary e.g. to shop for basic necessities or seek medical assistance
- You cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone you do not live with or are not in a support bubble with
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs must close; with the exception of providing food and non-alcoholic drinks for takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect and drive-through
- All food and drink (including alcohol) can continue to be provided by delivery
- Entertainment venues such as theatres, cinemas, bingo halls and adult gaming centres must close
- Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites must close; except for specific circumstances, such as where these act as someone’s main residence, where the person cannot return home, for providing accommodation or support to the homeless, or where it is essential to stay there for work purposes
Further Government guidance, which you are strongly advised to familiarise yourself with, can be found on the Gov.uk website.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Licensing team for further advice.