Ludlow Supports Refugees - update
The Saturday gatherings continue at the Quakers Meeting House 3pm-5pm – during this time you can:
- Have an English assessment
- Collect SIM cards
- Talk to a member of staff from Enable who can help with all of your employment aims and seek out job opportunities for you.
- Have access to children’s toys and games to play with, and to take home
- Use the outside space in the lovely garden
- Look through children’s books and take home
- Use a couple of laptops that are available
- Look through adult and children’s clothes
- Book a lift to an appointment, social event etc
- Take home a range of children’s books that have been donated by the library, members of the public and Castle Book Shop
- Suggest some ideas for social events, children’s activities etc
- Meet on a monthly basis with a local health professional (nurse) from a Ludlow GP practice for healthcare advice
And very importantly enjoy a space to have a drink, meet friends, other guests and hosts, plan social events together etc.
English assessments and English language lessons
Quakers Meeting House, St Marys Lane, Ludlow SY8 1DZ.
- Tuesday mornings 10am-11:45am
- Wednesday evening 6pm-7:45pm
- Thursday afternoon 1:30pm-3pm
- Saturday morning English conversation sessions 1:30pm-3pm for more able English speakers
- Saturday 3pm-5pm English assessment for new students or request an English assessment
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 07929 656545 to book onto a lesson.
Transport is available, throughout the week and weekends to enable guests to plan trips to lessons, appointments with the jobcentre, social events etc. We can pick up throughout southwest Shropshire as long as we have enough notice and have volunteers available. Peter Higgins is our transport coordinator, and Peter's contact details are:
- email email@example.com
- Mobile 07757 989708
Craft mornings for children
We're in our second week (of three mornings per week) during the school holidays of a lovely mix of games, crafts and gym sessions. Thank you very much to Irina who is offering these sessions to all young Ukrainian children. Please message if you'd like children to attend via Facebook 'Ludlow Refugee Support Group'.
We'd like to reach as many guests as possible so please forward our Facebook link to all guests.
We're starting to plan some activities for the autumn period. This will include children’s fun things to do and cooking for families. Watch this space!
For any other queries please call Erica on 07974 001310.