Coronavirus: exercise in the countryside
In accordance with latest government guidance on staying at home and staying away from others, please adhere to the following when accessing countryside local to you.
- You can leave the house for one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household only.
- Even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres (3 steps apart) apart from anyone outside of your household.
- Use your local network to see what is nearby. You can view your area by checking the online mapping.
- Follow the Countryside Code
- Ensure you wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you return home. Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
You can read the Government guidance here.
If you encounter issues on the routes, please report these via our website.
Please note that only essential/critical works are being undertaken during this time by our Maintenance Team.
It should also be noted that all car parks and visitor facilities (visitor centres, café’s, toilets) at our country parks and countryside heritage sites are closed until further notice.