Stoke upon Tern Neighbourhood Plan
The emerging Stoke upon Tern Neighbourhood Plan is being prepared. The steering group and parish council submitted a draft version to us which was out for public consultation (known as the Regulation 16 stage) from 10 August to 25 September 2018.
We received a number of representations, attached to this page. The draft version of the plan and associated documents are also included on this page. Please note the consultation has now closed and we're not accepting any further comments.
We appointed Nigel McGurk as the independent examiner for the plan. It's the role of the examiner to assess the plan and decide if it has met the basic conditions, and can proceed to a referendum.
Mr McGurk relied in his examination on the submission plan and other supporting documentation, together with the representations that were made to it.
Mr McGurk prepared his written report and recommendation in May 2019. The recommendation was to proceed to referendum on the Stoke upon Tern Neighbourhood Plan, subject to some suggested amendments and clarification.
The full examiner's report is available on this page.
Shropshire Council’s cabinet agreed that the Stoke upon Tern Neighbourhood Development Plan should proceed to a local referendum, which will take place on Thursday 16 April.
This followed an examination of the draft version of the plan, which recommended that the plan could proceed to referendum, subject to a number of changes being made.
The purpose of the referendum is to seek local views on the following specific question:
“Do you want Shropshire Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Stoke upon Tern to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area.”
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if on Friday 27 March 2020:
- He or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area, and;
- His or her qualifying address for the election is in the referendum area. A person's qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
An information sheet on the referendum is attached to this page, along with the other specified documents:
- The Stoke upon Tern Neighbourhood Development Plan
- The report of the independent examiner into the neighbourhood plan
- A summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner
- A statement by the local planning authority that the draft neighbourhood plan meets the basic conditions specified by statute, and complies with the provision made by or under Section 38A and 38B of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
More information on the plan can be found on our Planning Policy pages.