Reducing parental conflict
We all have arguments – how do you resolve yours?
In Shropshire we recognise that conflict between parents is normal, whether those parents are in a relationship together or not, but sometimes conflict happens frequently and isn’t always resolved.
Conflict happens for several reasons such as job loss, financial problems, separation, death, parenting, having a new baby, and friends and family differences.
This can affect parents and their children in many ways, including feeling unhappy, hurt, and frustrated. At times parents might need a little bit of help with their relationship and some support for their family.
Our short video talks about why reducing parental conflict matters to children...
Where can I go for support?
- Contact Citizens Advice for issues relating to housing, law, benefits and relationships
- The Money Advice Service offers guidance on all things finance related: debt and borrowing, budget management and saving, renting and mortgages, divorce and separation etc. If you want to speak to someone they offer a web chat, or you can phone them on 0800 138 7777.
- Relate is a national organisation that offers support and guidance to individuals and families regarding their relationships. They have counselling services, online resources and offer a web chat.
- Across Shropshire there is a network of Early Help professionals who are trained to give you some early support to better understand and manage relationship conflict.
- Local mediation and counselling services.
If at any time you feel unsafe you can contact, in confidence, the following agencies:
More detailed information can be found from the links below...