Shropshire Council

Children's social care

Social careSocial care covers a range of services that help people with day-to-day living. For children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), this often means help with personal or physical care due to a disability. It also means support for children with SEND who are looked after (in foster care or residential care) and those in need of protection (safeguarding).